By floridave | September 27, 2007
Went to San Francisco with my sister Cath for the 2007 GalleryCon.
Cath has not traveled internationally before and had only flown once many years ago, so this was exciting for her. I don’t like to travel that much because of the things that can happen, as did to us on our return.
Robert (vollksport) did a great job of organizing a diverse, multicultural and multilingual group of people. Hats off to you Robert. Thanks!
All photos: GalleryCon 2007-San_Francisco
We stayed at a new “green” hotel very close to Chinatown. How close? Well less than a few steps to the ‘gate’. The staff at the hotel where very helpful and would recommend the Orchard Garden Hotel to anybody wanting to visit San Francisco.
My camera spent a bit too much time in the rain the last camping trip and has not performed well ever since. It sort of has it’s own mind when it wants to turn on, so as a result there is not many good photos.
In no particular order:
- Baseball, hotdogs, beer, Nintendo DS, I-Phones and friends.
- Trip from airport on shuttle through the “streets of San Francisco”.
- $2.00 Pabst Blue Ribbon (BPRs), scooters and friends.
- Fine dining with friends and making the rest of the restaurant have fun as well.
- Guinness, Guinness car bombs, fish-eye camera and friends.
- Strawberries, Croissants, fresh OJ and friends
- Seared Tuna and Victoria beer at the Fairmont hotel Vancouver airport.
- Art at the Salt Lake City airport.
- Seeing Jens busing tables and competing with Jesse drinking beer.
- Eating free Google food and organic root beer with friends. Free Google shirt.
- Not enough time.
- Delayed flight, delayed again, overbooked flights.
- Tuna and crackers from a vending machine for dinner.
- Bulk cereal and bananas for breakfast in Salt Lake.
- Air Canada staff working on behalf of Delta.
- $7 meal vouchers that don’t buy a meal.
- Intermittent digital camera.
- Canceled flight, overbooked flights.
- Days Inn Salt Lake City.
- Bathroom at the $2/PBR bar.
- Intermittent digital camera photos.
So in my view the goods out way the bad and ugly hands down. Hope to see you all again soon.